Recipes for a sensitive gut: Quinoa with salmon and pesto dressing
Recipes This is a nourishing and colourful dish that is wonderful as a meal as it is nutritionally balanced with a good mixture of complex carbohydrate, omega-3 rich protein and vitamins and minerals from the low FODMAP fruit and vegetables.
Delicious warm or cold, prepared in advance – great for a quick meal or lunch on the run, this meal serves two people!
|Raisins||1 tbsp / 13g|
|Tinned salmon||1 tin; 213g, drained|
|Fresh coriander, chopped||½ bunch|
|Sesame seeds||2 tbsp|
|Biona Organic Pesto, Green with pine kernels||2 tbsp|
|Freshly ground black pepper & salt||To taste|
|Lemon juice or Lemon infused olive oil||To drizzle|
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in cold water.
- Add quinoa to 400mls of boiling water, stir and cover with a lid, heating on low heat simmering for 20 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, drain off excess water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- When ready, separate the grains with a fork.
- Add spinach to quinoa and cover to allow spinach to wilt.
- Chop tomatoes and grapes in half, combine with flaked salmon, raisins and add the sesame seeds.
- Place the pesto in the yoghurt and stir well, add black pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes standing, test the quinoa to ensure the grains are firm but without crunch. Now add in the coriander, basil and dill.
- You can serve the quinoa with the pesto/yoghurt mixture separately or combine.
- Drizzle with lemon or lemon infused olive oil.
- 2 tbsp plain pouring yoghurt per person
- Toast the sesame seeds to have a different flavour
- Instead of sesame seeds use pine nuts
- Make your own pesto – recipe below